Sunday, June 27, 2010

Summer Fun in the Hot City Blog by Johnny Weir

Summer fun in the hot city
June 25th, 2010 by Johnny Weir


GaGa shows off to the press. That’s my girl! Photo by Nick Laham / Getty Images.

With it being summer, I thought I’d put together a little cheat sheet about what’s hot in my imagination for this summer, my summer in the city.

LADY GAGA

Let’s face it, the last two years have been years of Gaga, but there is something so personal about her music and her style that inspires me every day. From the mini short clad dancers in her new “Alejandro” music video, to her whimsical display of her middle finger at major sporting events, there’s nothing not to love. Lady Gaga’s adoration for her fans is something that everyone who is blessed enough to have fans should learn from. There isn’t a morning, day or night in these hot months that I am not rocking my “Poker Face.”

FASHION

Summer fashion isn’t always something that I go for, I have disproportionate leg muscles which can make shorts and issue, and my skin is paler than Casper’s, but I love letting some skin show and making my skinny rib statements on every hot, sticky, miserable day. Chanel has some amazing tanks from their summer collection, Garreth Pugh put out an insane pair of leather leggings for those frisky nights out grinding to the “thumpa thumpa” and J Brand has introduced “Jegging” shorts, which are basically denim inspired biker shorts that make my booty look glorious. I may prefer bundling up in fur for winter, but this summer there are a lot of hot things to try.

EYEWEAR

I have been a huge fan and collector of sunglasses since age 3. From my bug eyed Bolle’s at age five to my “Ghetto Princess” Nathan Jenden’s at age 25, I live for eye fashions. Summer isn’t summer without some incredible shades to shield you from the soleil. I say that Chanel is an amazing choice for pretty much anyone, even the glasses on a stick sported by Sarah Jessica Parker in SEX IN THE XITY 2. Balenciaga is going way out to left field with their spectacles, and you can’t go rockstar chic without having a pair of A. Morir spike encrusted shields.

THE RESTAURANT

Whatever you like is the best way to go in the summer. Indulge yourself, don’t worry about bikini’s and speedo’s, you’ll certainly sweat off your crispy rice from Koi in Los Angeles, or you’re vanilla meringue cake from Cipriani in NYC. Summer always seems to be treated like a party so enjoy it by tasting the treats you rarely have and drinking down those bubbles, of course eat and drink responsibly.

VACATION

I haven’t had a vacation in years, but I have it under very good authority that human’s tend to take vacation in the summer. I can suggest Cayman Islands, stay at the Ritz and get pampered. I can also suggest staying at one of the spa hotels in Sochi, Russia. Don’t forget to get your visa for entry into Russia. If the economy has hit you too hard and can’t afford to go away, hit a local hotspot, for me, I like Soho House in Manhattan’s meatpacking district. Enjoy yourself.


Stay cool, kittens. Photo by Barry King / Getty Images.

To end this blog, everything about summer is hot. My darlings, please get out there, be fashionable and get laid. I will be working my ass off to make you all excited and proud of me no matter what I do, so enjoy the summer mugginess, for me.

Please watch the season finale of BE GOOD JOHNNY WEIR at 9pm June 27 on Sundance Channel. I have already threatened you with the dingles wielding blow darts, don’t make me do it again. Watch!! I love you.

No comments: